In other times, it is usually eaten with tea (chai) or coffee. Serve them warm for breakfast or for snack.
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 cups white flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1. Bring all ingredients to room temperature before mixing them together.
2. Mix all the ingredients together, adding more flour if necessary.
3. The dough should be soft, but not sticky.
4. Roll the dough on a lightly floured board until it is about 1/4 inch think.
5. Cut into triangles and fry in hot oil. Fry until both sides are golden brown.
6. Remove Bur (Mandazi) from oil and drain on paper towels or newspaper.
7. Bur (Mandazi) are best served warm.